YoungLife / WyldLife / YoungLives
CONTACT: Ali Holroyde, firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Life is a Christian student outreach with many opportunities for service.
• Snacks/Supplies: Provide individual snacks for volunteers at leadership meetings (suggestions: granola bars, chips, popcorn, fruit snacks, candy); cases of bottle water or soda for leadership meetings; packages of Gold Medal Mega-Pop for Wyldlife (middle school) and Battery Creek Young Life.
• Gift cards for our 26 volunteers – We love to give a gift card to a store, restaurant or gas for birthdays, wedding anniversaries and as prizes for leadership meetings.
• Volunteer needed for administrative work at the office 1-3 hours a week.
• Young Life, Wyldlife, or YoungLives Leaders needed. Email Lauren at email@example.com
• Childcare worker needed for YoungLives meetings (teen mother ministry). Call Lizann at 843-263-1709.
Grounds Beautification at TCF on YOUR schedule
Do general clean up and beautification at TCF. Tasks include: general trimming, weeding flower beds, mowing and putting out mulch. Mulch, trash bags and water provided by TCF. Great projects for families or people new to serving.
Tidal Creek Summit Place Ministry, 1st or 2nd Sunday of the month
1119 Pick Pocket Plantation Drive, Beaufort
CONTACT: Tina Johnson, Johnson.firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit Place is an assisted living facility in Beaufort. Volunteer opportunities include:
• Serve with other Tidal Creekers to provide a worship service for residents on the 1st and/or 2nd Sunday of each month. Contact Tina Johnson for more info.
• Work with the Activities Director at Summit Place to provide companionship and activities for residents. Contact Brenda Dockery, email@example.com
HELP of Beaufort
HELP of Beaufort offers clothing and financial assistance, mobile meals and more to needy families in our area. HELP needs volunteers to sort and hang clothes at their store, 1910 Baggett Street, Beaufort, M-F, 9:30-12:30 PM. If a group is interested in volunteering in the afternoon, evening or weekend, they need to arrange this through Sandy Click. HELP has other volunteer opportunities available, such as receptionist, interviewer and pantry worker once a week or every other week.
Contact Sandy Click, Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 256-503-8207
Lowcountry Hope House
Fundraising Yard Sales, Saturday AM, Nov. 5
Video Warehouse parking lot, Parris Island Gateway
CONTACT: James Fordham, email@example.com
Lowcountry Hope House is an addiction recovery center for men to be located here in Beaufort. Tidal Creeker James Fordham and his team hold yard sales to help raise money for a facility for the center. Volunteers are needed to unload trucks and trailers and to help out with the sale, and donations are always welcome.
Family Promise of Beaufort County
January 22-28, 2017 Family Promise Week
CONTACT: Lynda Scarfe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Promise provides temporary shelter, family stability, and permanent housing solutions for homeless families with children in Beaufort county. 92% of graduating families are in permanent housing after one year. Volunteers needed to provide meals and to be overnight hosts when Tidal Creek is the host church.
Holiday Bell Ringers and Store Volunteers
CONTACT: Amber Hewitt, Amber.Hewitt@uss.salvationarmy.org, or Major Marie Tatterson, Marie.Tatterson@uss.salvationarmy.org
Volunteer in the Warehouse/Store: We need volunteers in the warehouse sorting, hanging, helping to receive donations and organization of the warehouse. In the store area, volunteers assist with hanging clothes out, putting out items and keeping the store tidy. Contact
Taherah Beaton, Family Store Manager, 843-441-0339, Taherah.Beaton@uss.salvationarmy.org.
Holiday Help: In November we begin getting ready for our Christmas season. We need volunteers to help us with organizing the toy store, food pantry and bell ringing.